Fri, Jun 30|
Holiday Weekend Cruise - Long Island Sound
We are excited to invite all to a 4th of July weekend flotilla on the Long Island Sound. Great cruising, great vistas, great ports of call, great fun with friends, plenty of dining opportunities and if the gods allow, great sailing too!
Time & Location
Jun 30, 2023, 1:30 PM – Jul 03, 2023, 2:00 PM
Jersey City, 80 Audrey Zapp Dr, Jersey City, NJ 07305, USA
About the Event
The itinerary for the flotilla is as follows:
- Friday, June 30th at 13:30: We will be departing Liberty Landing on for a favorable cruise up the East River and make port at the Sea Cliff Yacht Club;
- Saturday, July 1st: Depart Sea Cliff Yacht Club and head east to make port at Centerport Yacht Club;
- Sunday, July 2nd: Depart Centerport and sail west to the Larchmont Yacht Club;
- Monday, July 3rd: Depart Larchmont in time to enter the East River at the Throgs Neck Bridge at 11:00 for a favorable cruise down the river arriving back at our home port midafternoon to officially conclude the flotilla allowing all plenty of time to continue the July 4th festivities.
Please note that moorings are in demand and will be snapped up well in advance of the Holiday weekend.
We are asking that all skippers who wish to attend please confirm with Gary Sedoruk (email@example.com) immediately, so that he can jointly coordinate the mooring reservations through Dockwa and the Yacht Clubs. All of the Yacht Clubs have indicated that they are handling their reservations through Dockwa. The above clubs have the moorings for us as of now, I don’t know how long they will be able to accommodate and they will not reserve a block of moorings.
Additionally, those parties, due to personal conflicts, need to customize their participation in the flotilla by starting or finishing at other times are still encourage to participate. However, if you plan to modify your itinerary, please let us know so that we can keep track of everyone’s schedule. With that in mind, the best time to enter the East River heading north on Saturday, July 1st will be at 15:00 and to return heading south on July 5th at will be at 12:18am. The passage down the East River on July 4th may be subject to closure due to restrictions associated with the Macy’s Fireworks set up and display. So keep a watch the notices to mariners if you plan to travel the East River on the 4th.
Although, it is not officially part of this Holiday flotilla, some club members may plan to head out from the Home Port on Tuesday, July 4th to experience the fireworks with a water view, more to follow as this develops.
Planning to join?
- RSVP today - please advise the number of crew you can host
- Boat owners - remember to inform LLM of your plans to vacate your slip if you dock here ! Please email: Greg at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Janir at: email@example.com
Looking to/for crew?
Join the Holiday Weekend Cruise - Long Island Sound Group Discussion to find each other!
Looking forward to seeing you on the water!